Whether it is CMS, the OIG, FTC, IRS or the SEC, The Health Law Group offers our clients considerable knowledge of the myriad of regulatory issues faced by physicians and other healthcare providers in delivering their medical services. Federal and state regulation of the healthcare industry is a complicated and continually changing field. Compliance with these regulations can be daunting for many individual healthcare professionals as well as healthcare facilities.
The Health Law Group’s extensive experience in handling a wide variety of regulatory matters on both the state and federal levels allows us to facilitate our clients’ interactions with a variety of government agencies, ensuring regulatory compliance throughout a business or other contractual relationship. In the event a healthcare provider is faced with a regulatory dispute, The Health Law Group also provides dedicated and resourceful representation before government agencies.
Examples of the types of regulatory compliance matters handled by The Health Law Group:
- Practice mergers and acquisitions
- Physician Self Referral (Stark) and Anti-Kickback compliance and analysis
- Stark and Anti-Kickback Self-Disclosure Protocols
- Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance
- Billing compliance programs for individual physician and group practices
- Defending Medicare and Medicaid billing revocation or exclusion
- Requests for advisory opinions to governmental agencies regarding proposed business ventures and contractual relationships
- Tax-exempt organization compliance in contracting and joint ventures
- Antitrust compliance in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, group purchasing organizations and other collaborative ventures
- Federal and state securities compliance
- EMTALA compliance, investigations and compensation contracts