Healthcare is one of the most regulated industries, with both state and federal agencies affecting many aspects of the organization and operation, whether sole practitioners or large multi-specialty group practices, stand alone facilities or multi-state corporations. Because of the intense and broad application of regulatory schemes to this industry, every healthcare business transaction must at least consider how it will be affected by state and federal regulations.
With this in mind, The Health Law Group has advised and assisted clients in the development of their corporate structures, financing, and investments with other healthcare providers and organizations.
The Health Law Group’s services have included:
- The sale, merger and/or acquisition of healthcare organizations, including physician group practices, hospitals, imaging centers, ambulatory surgery centers, and other healthcare facilities.
- The formation and development of physician-owned hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other sources of other ancillary revenue.
- Investments in corporations and limited liability companies, including the preparation of private placement memoranda and private offerings.
- Strategic development, construction, and condominium syndication of medical office buildings.
- Limited Liability Company formation, including preparation of Articles of Organization, Operating Agreements, Buy-Sell Agreements, and "Slow-Down" Provisions.
- Stark and Anti-Kickback Statute analysis for proposed business ventures.
- Compensation and bonus structures for group practices.
- Antitrust analysis for formation and merger of group practices and the establishment of joint venture arrangements.
- Physician employment and recruitment agreements.
- Medical Director agreements.